The Nagamoto Retainer: Keeping Nagamoto Happy586 views
- TIMELY NOTIFICATIONS
- CENTRAL CALENDAR
- MANAGING MULTIPLE BRIEFS ACROSS MULTIPLE CLIENTS USING MULTIPLE TEAMS
Grace & Co has been effectively managing Nagamoto’s Corporate Commercial and Litigation briefs and has acquired more briefs from Nagamoto from the initial 2 briefs that they started with. One of the things that Bar. Grace is able to ensure is that all updates on any briefs are sent to the Client in real-time, thus she has a competitive advantage when it comes to Speed-of-Response and Speed-of-Follow Up.
Another thing that stands her out is the Intelligence that the Firm brings to bear on all the work that they do, whether it be legal opinions, registrations and or court fillings. There is always a layer of analysis that shows the depth of scholarship involved in the work.
Another great thing about Grace & Co is the mobility of their collective intelligence, the litigators carry out research right there in Court as the case takes a turn, they are also able to come up with answers to client questions on the fly because they are not shackled to the Law Office Library for access to key and verifiable resources from their phones and tabs.
\All this is possible because of Grace & Co’s decision to take the path of Integration with Technology, some months before. Before Bar. Grace attended the IBA Conference, she decided to embark on a Digital Transformation journey with LawPavilion. The Firm upgraded not only the Technology that they had access to but also the processes that drive productivity in the work environment. Bar. Grace smiles as she recalls that technology and better processes where not the most important element towards Digital Transformation though, the most important element is a quality decision to change the culture within the Law Firm, to entrench creativity, innovation and a commitment to change.
Bar. Grace has a vision, she will be amongst the 10% top Law Firms but not in Nigeria anymore, she was thinking about Africa now.
WHAT IS YOUR VISION FOR YOUR FIRM?, WHAT DO YOU WANT DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION TO ACHIEVE FOR YOU?
A digital transformation journey must achieve the following key objectives:
1. TIME OPTIMIZATION (speed of response, speed of turn around time, speed of follow up)
2. INTELLIGENCE (depth of research, width of sources and collective intelligence)
3. MOBILITY (outside office access to research resources and team members, scalability of service across geographical locations), and
4. INTEGRATION WITH TECHNOLOGY (adaptiveness to rapidly changing technologies and the market’s response to them)
But for the above to truly succeed your Firm must embrace the following:
1. RECOGNISE and accept that digital transformation will change your Firms Culture
2. IDENTIFY your clients’ needs with a design thinking approach
3. SHIFT resources from operations to innovation
4. INVOLVE the whole Firm in the process, not just the Management Team, and
5. INTEGRATE SECURITY into all aspects of your Digital Transformation Journey.