Information We Collect
When you visit the website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the website, and information about how you interact with the website. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier.
The cookies we use include:
- “Analytical” cookies. They allow us to recognize each visitor to the website, count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around the website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- “Strictly necessary” cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- “Functionality” cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- “Targeting” cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you may have followed to our affiliates websites. We will use this information to make our website, offers e-mailed to you and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Website.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Please note that if you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
Sharing your personal information
We may share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Do not track
Please note that we alter our website’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Under the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data at any time. Please note that that will not invalidate the lawfulness of any processing that you have consented to and had been carried out before the withdrawal
- access to your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this Policy is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
- require us to restrict the processing of your personal data
- object at any time to the processing of your personal data
- request for and receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us, in a concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible form in writing or where necessary by other means
- where we fail to respond to your request above within one month of the request, be informed of our reason for not taking action
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority is the Nigerian Information Technology Development Agency.
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
- For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, please contact the National Information Technology Development Agency.
- If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please email, call, or write to us,
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, user name, registration details),
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates (including any account or reference numbers, if you have them).
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Storing your information
Keeping your personal data up to date
If your personal details change you may update them by accessing the relevant page of the website, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about how we use data collected which relates to you, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
We will endeavor to update your personal data within seven (7) working days of any new or updated personal data being provided to us, in order to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is as accurate and up to date as possible.
Where we store your personal data
In order to access dating hosting capabilities when providing services, LawPavilion works with server hosting companies.
A server hosting company is an external data processor contracted by LawPavilion, who has been granted access to information (which may be personal) about clients and who can process it.
All the information we hold about you is stored on our secure servers in the United States of America (the USA). This implies that your personal information may be transferred to and stored at a destination in the USA. It may also be processed by persons operating outside Nigeria who provide support services to us.
Although the Nigerian Data Protection Regulation did not explicitly require that such third party countries provide a level of data protection similar to those which apply in Nigeria, please be assured that any transfer of your personal data will be carried out under the framework of a written contract as required under Section 11 of the Nigerian Data Protection Regulation and that is designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal data.
If you would like further information, please contact us or our Data Protection Officer (see ‘Contact Us’ below). We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of Nigeria to any organization (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
Our services are not designed for and are not marketed to minors. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from minors, and we do not knowingly allow such persons to use our services. If you are a minor, please do not attempt to use the services or send any information about yourself to us. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a minor without verified parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a minor, please contact us using the contact information below.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at or by mail using the details provided below:
20 Felicia Koleosho Street,
Off Agbaoku Street,